Book this 5 Days Desert Tour Marrakech To Erg Chigaga to enjoy the Moroccan Desert on a camel safari in the Erg Chigaga sand dunes. Ride a camel to watch the sunset and spend the night at a Berber desert camp while meeting locals.
Our Marrakech desert tours can be customized based on your budget and interests, so just tell us what you want to see and visit, what you want to experience, which category of accommodation do you prefer and this is our tour experts are ready to take you on a lifetime vacation.
• Cross the high Atlas mountains through Tizi Ntichka pass enjoying stunning views.
• Visit the world heritage site of Kasbah Ait Benhaddou.
• Enjoy the scenic scenery of Draa valley.
• Take the off-road in the desert to reach Erg Chigaga.
• Ride camels over the stunning sand dunes and enjoy one of the best sunsets in the world.
• Enjoy a drum party in the desert camp and sleep in a private tent.
• Explore the seaside town of Essaouira Mogador.
Greetings at your riad or hotel where you will be picked up. you will start your journey of 5 Days Desert Tour Marrakech To Erg Chigaga southward to Draa valley via Tizi n’Tichka pass. you will visit the berber village of Ait Ben Haddou, it was established in the 11th century, its position on the main Marrakech to the sahara route, meant it was an ideal stop off for traders taking salt across the desert and returning with goods such as gold and ivory. After lunch, we continue over the Anti Atlas mountains, via the Berber villages of Agdz and the amazing Draa Valley. We will have dinner and spend the night in a riad/hotel in Zagora.
After breakfast we will continue towards M’hamid. We will visit the the original town of the 16th century dynasty Tamgroute and the old Koran library and to see the ceramics. We arrive to the Saharan village of M’hamid before taking the off-road track to Erg Chigaga. We will ride the camels into the camp attending the sunset and spend the evening in a desert camp, enjoy a Moroccan dinner, listen to Berber music, you can join by drumming or dancing. Overnight in a private tent.
After breakfast we drive across the Sahara over the stony desert and the dried-up Lake Iriqui. In the middle of this lake, we can search for fossils. At the edge of the desert at Foum Zguid, we drive north to Taznakht, famous for its Berber carpets, where we stop for lunch. After we reach Taliouine a town famous with Safran, visit to a Safran co-operative. If your visit coincides with the Safran harvest, you will have the opportunity to meet the Berber people with their families harvesting the Safran in their fields. You will arrive in Taroudant early evening. Overnight at your Riad/hotel.
Following breakfast we will head for Agadir, a resort city which used to be a very big tourist destination for many years. After lunch and relax take the coastal road to Essaouira which offers beautiful landscapes, you will have the chance to see goats climbing the Argan tree, Later Essaouira welcomes you. Overnight at your Riad/Hotel.
After breakfast in your accommodation visit the fishing port with its ramparts and Skala. Walking in the Souk (market) and experience different crafts manufactured in the town. Enjoy the fresh seafood in a local restaurant near of the port. Afternoon back to Marrakech. Drop off at your accommodation in Marrakech where your 5 Days Desert Tour Marrakech To Erg Chigaga ends.
• Private transport in a 4x4 vehicle or minivan
• Professional English speaking driver guide
• Night in a riad in Agdez or Zagora with dinner and breakfast.
• Night in a tent in the desert with dinner and breakfast.
• Night in a riad in Taroudant with dinner and breakfast.
• Night in a riad in Essaouira with breakfast.
• Camel ride in Desert.
• Hotel pick up and drop off.
• Entrance fees.
• Travel insurance
• Our driver guide will take you to clean restaurants with western toilets, if you would like to have lunches where locals eat please let your driver know, if you have any diet restriction (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free …) please let us know in advance.
• You have the possibility to take a 3 or 4 days from Marrakech to Erg Chigaga.
• Bring comfortable shoes for walking and long pants for the camel trek, hat or scarf, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
• Bottled water is recommended.
• Pack warmly as it gets cold at night in the desert between September and May.
• To confirm the 5 Days Desert Tour Marrakech To Erg Chigaga, we require a small deposit to be paid via PayPal or Western Union, the balance is payable in cash on the first day of the trip to be paid to your driver in Euros, US Dollars or Moroccan Dirhams. To convert currencies use: www.xe.com.
Contact us for a quote of your desired itinerary based on number of travelers, dates of your trip and the tour package or places you would like to visit.
Please note, Prices vary due to preferences in transportation, accommodation category, size of group and seasonal pricing.
I travelled to Morocco with my cousin and a friend to celebrate our 65th birthdays. We did a 3 night/ 4 day excursion with Superb Morocco Tours after a couple of adjustment days in Marrakech. We went from Marrakech to the Erg Chegaga dunes, then over to Essaouria . Our driver Hussein was outstanding. His English was excellent and he could converse on many subjects.( he also speaks Spanish) we are world music lovers and he had a great playlist that matched the amazing landscapes thru the mountains and into the desert regions. We visited UNESCO Ait Ben Haddou and an old Koranic library and pottery studio that produces the green tiles you see all over. We enjoyed lunch at M’Hamid. We stayed at charming kasbahs and riads en route but the icing on the cake was the desert camp. Being older folks we opted for the more luxury version with toilet and shower in the tent. Upon arrival to the camp we were given tea and pastries in a little shelter before riding camels to the camp. Our first glimpse of the camp itself will remain a highlight- a circle of large tents around a campfire area, lined with carpets and low cushions.Two young Berber boys took care of us- pouring tea, preparing a lovely meal and table outdoors and playing some drums which we also participated in. It was cloudy so the Stars were not really apparent but the full moon made up for it. We wished we could have slowed down time . In the Am we went got up for sunrise and hiked around the beautiful dunes a bit before a lovely breakfast. We then headed out thru interesting landscape dotted with donkeys and camels grazing. On the way to Essaouria we stopped at a saffron coop to learn how this spice is grown and harvested. We never felt harassed or unsafe during our entire 10 day trip. And the hospitality of the Moroccan people was 5 stars all the way. This tour company has itineraries all over the country and you can modify it a bit to your own interests. I would not hesitate to use them again and hope someday to return. Thank you Ismail and Hussein for such a memorable trip! Unfortunately I am not given access to my photo library here but will post some later if I can..
Copyrights © 2023 Superb Morocco Tours. All Rights Reserved